Awana Grand Prix
Start your engines…
Thursday, March 1, 6:30-8pm!
Get ready for an awesome night of fun! All clubbers are invited to compete in the 2017 AWANA Grand Prix! There will be trophies and medals awarded for the fastest car and also the best design! Parents, be sure to join us for hot dogs and popcorn as your cheer for your child on this special evening!
- Your car must meet the following requirements:
- Weight Limit (Maximum allowance) – 5oz.
- Car body length – 7in.
- Car body width (not including wheels) – 1 3/4in.
- The space from the bottom of the wheels to the bottom of the car/weights must be more than 1/4in.
- You must bring your car to be weighed at AWANA on Thursday, February 22nd.
- We recommend that you purchase a pinewood derby race car kit at a craft store or online. However, this is not a requirement if you prefer to build your own.
- If you get a kit from a craft store, be sure to use the small black axle caps that come in the kit. This will keep the wheels on the car.
- Do not glue the wheels onto the car axles because they need to spin freely.
- Wait to completely attach all of your weights until after the weigh-in. There is a chance that the kits come with too much weight and we will have to take some off of your car.