We are an exciting, Bible-based church in Cape Coral, FL.
The Cape Baptist Church began on September 2, 2007, with the endorsement of Dr. James A. Scudder of the Victory In Grace Ministries, Dayspring Bible College and Seminary and the Quentin Road Bible Baptist Church. Cape Baptist Church was an IFCA International Mission Church dedicated to conducting itself in accordance with the Word of God. Our first service was held in the gymnasium of the Trafalgar Middle School, and the school served as our church home for several years. They were good times of pioneering in the development and growth of Cape Baptist Church. Each week we loaded the sound system and other supplies into a mini van and set them up in the school for the Sunday morning service. It was fun as the people of our small congregation worked together to serve the Lord. In those early days the people opened their homes for the Wednesday Evening Bible studies. These were wonderful times of studying God’s word and getting to know each other better.
In October of 2010 the Lord blessed us with our current property and facilities as our new church home. This facility has allowed us to expand to include Sunday morning and evening services, Sunday Schools, youth programs such as AWANA and our Impact Youth Group, Vacation Bible School, Ladies’ Bible Studies along with other ministries and activities.
On July 7th of 2013, our spiritual growth was recognized, and the Cape Baptist Church was granted independence from the Quentin Road Bible Baptist Church, and from the IFCA, and was recognized as an independent church. Cape Baptist Church is locally governed by it’s own Pastor and board of elders. Praise be to God for the faithful men and women that He has brought to the Cape Baptist Church. There is still much work to be done. Please pray for us that in the years to come we may accomplish the work the Lord has for us to do.
Cape Baptist Church is…
- A Christ-Centered Church – A person, Jesus Christ, not a program, is foremost. “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.” Acts 16:31
- A Bible Believing Church – We stand for the historic fundamentals of Biblical Christianity. We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be verbally inspired Word of God, the final authority for faith and life.
- An Independent Church – We are self-governing and therefore have no synod, conference, presbytery or other form of human organization exercising control over the local congregation.
- An Evangelistic Church – We seek to bring all to salvation through the Lord Jesus Christ.
- A Fellowshipping Church – Christian love, harmony and unity are found in all of our activities.
Bible teaching is presented in various ways…
- Verse by verse teaching is essential to the proper understanding of the Bible in its context.
- Topical studies research various places in the Scriptures to learn truths throughout the Bible.
- Devotional studies focus on selected passages to explore the richness of the Word of God.
No matter how the Bible is studied and presented, it is the goal of the Cape Baptist Church to insure accuracy and clarity of the truths of God for all to understand.